Remembering Fabian Memorial Fund
Fabian Gras Martinez lived to bring positive experiences to children. She loved the theatre and saw the value of theatre in positively shaping a child’s future. She actively became involved with Slidell Little Theatre’s Young Actors Theatre of Slidell (YATS) program which provides a theatre experience for children from age 4 through graduating High School Seniors.
Ms. Fabian co-coordinated the YATS program for 10 years, touching the lives of well over 2,000 children. Her desire to bring the benefits of theatre to all inspired her to co-found the Mini-YATS program which starts children at age 4 in the YATS program. Her dedication to the youth of Slidell through YATS is second to none.
Upon her untimely pass, a memorial fund was established to provide a needs based tuition assistance program for participants wanting to join the YATS program. Each year the memorial fund supports children, who would not have the opportunity to attend YATS and obtain this wonderful experience. Donations are always welcome and can be made by sending a check made payable to SLT-Remember Fabian and mail to
Remember Fabian: Tuition Assistance Requirements
Note: Applications will be available in early March on the SLT Website for downloading.
Criteria for Eligibility
- This is need-based tuition assistance.
- All parts of the application should be completed and submitted by the identified deadline date.
- Parent/Guardian: Please complete the personal data sheet about your student, provide family financial information, and include a statement about why the parent/guardian is requesting assistance.
- Student: Student (age 8 years and above) please write and submit a sentence or paragraph explaining why you would like to participate in the YATS summer program.
- Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from an adult who knows the student must accompany the application. This adult should know the student from school, community activity, or faith-based programs.
- Completed applications will be reviewed and selections made by the Committee. You will be notified of the reviewed/selection results. Note: Partial applications will be disqualified.
For Additional Information
**Applications available in Early March. Please check back later.**
Remember Fabian: Donation Information
The Remembering Fabian Fund will be used to provide community-wide tuition assistance for children to learn more about Theatre by participating in Slidell Little Theatre’s renowned youth program – the Young Actors Theatre of Slidell, or YATS.
This tuition assistance fund will fulfill Fabian Gras Martinez dream of fostering Theatre education to St. Tammany Parish’s youth. A tax-deductible donation to the fund can be sent to Remembering Fabian, P.O. Box 402, Slidell, LA 70459. Make checks payable to SLT-Remember Fabian.
For information or questions, contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org